31 WITCH MOVIES
to lead up to halloween here are all kinds of movies all about witchcraft. funny movies, sad movies, scary movies, vaguely historically inaccurate movies. movies that are not explicitly about witches (this isn’t a very large genre ok)
- häxan: witchcraft through the ages (1922)
- i married a witch (1942)
- black sunday (1960)
- horror hotel (1960)
- witchfinder general (1968)
- bedknobs and broomsticks (1971)
- the devils (1971)
- simon, king of the witches (1971)
- suspiria (1977)
- inferno (1980)
- return to oz (1985)
- the witches of eastwick (1987)
- kiki’s delivery service (1989)
- teen witch (1989)
- warlock (1989)
- the witches (1990)
- death becomes her (1992)
- hocus pocus (1993)
- the bride with white hair (1993)
- witch hunt (1994)
- lord of illusions (1995)
- the craft (1996)
- practical magic (1998)
- ginger snaps (2000)
- bewitched (2005)
- the woods (2006)
- solstice (2008)
- the house of the devil (2009)
- beautiful creatures (2013)
- hansel & gretel: witch hunters (2013)
- ek thi daayan (2013)
It’s finally happening.
Donald Glover is Miles Morales as Spider-Man.
hyenas, terrifying and excellently organized predators of the savannah
also surprisingly docile and like neck scritches and have a tail chasing compulsion
if you don’t think hyenas are great then you’re objectively wrong
Hyenas: Always getting a bad rap because lions are jerks. Lions actually steal from hyenas most of the time because hyenas are the better predators — but they’re also very skittish when faced with a giant pride of cats. Adorable babies!
Okay, lemme tell you about spotted hyenas, aka the BAMFiest BAMFs in the animal kingdom.
- Their societies are entirely female-dominated. Female hyenas are larger and stronger than males and have higher social status in clan hierarchy - even the lowest-ranking female in a hyena clan is higher up the social ladder than the highest-ranking male. They’re basically the Amazons of the animal world. The females even have false penis-like appendages (which are essentially large clitorises), which led the ancient Greeks to think that hyenas were hermaphrodites. Because fuck your narrow human perceptions of sex and gender roles, that’s why.
- They are considered the dominant predators of the African savannah, despite not being the largest or strongest, because they are the most successful hunters. Their hunting success rate is estimated to be about 70-80%, meaning that they catch about 70-80% of prey they pursue - a freakishly high statistic (to compare, the success rate of lions and wolves is about 20-30%). They also scavenge much less than lions do, as whowasntthere said, and are incredibly adaptable and opportunistic predators, meaning that they are also the most common and widespread of the large African carnivores. That’s not too bad for an animal typecast as a lazy scavenger.
- Their jaws are some of the strongest in the animal kingdom, stronger than those of lions, tigers, wolves or perhaps bears, and can crush elephant and giraffe bones; hyenas are also able to digest all bone matter. Don’t tell me that’s not metal as fuck.
- Despite looking like dogs, they are not part of the dog family and are actually more closely related to cats. Because fuck your logic. Nature does what it wants.
- They are incredibly intelligent. They are easily as intelligent as primates and some scientists claim that their intelligence may even rival that of the great apes, which would make them among the most intelligent animals in the world. Hyenas even outperform chimpanzees on some tests, which is pretty damn awesome, considering that chimpanzees are our closest relatives and all.
So yeah, basically hyenas are awesome and badass as well as truly fascinating animals and if you don’t have at least a bit of respect for them you’re wrong.
WONDER WOMAN + a coat.
You’re So Dark - Arctic Monkeys
suggested by anonymous
Post with 2 notes
My loved one went away to a war
in which i had no hope help him out
his shadow came back to haunt me like a ghost
and i was happy to be haunted so
i don’t have the strenght to pick up your pieces, my love
but I’ve been broken long before
and we can make our pieces fit just so
you deserved so much better
but this world was all you got
and I was afraid I’d lost you
a long time ago
…aparently i was feeling poetic
SHANOWER & RODRIGUEZ ‘RETURN TO SLUMBERLAND’ IN GORGEOUS NEW ‘LITTLE NEMO’ SERIES THIS WEEK
By Chris Sims
Just in case you’re not up to speed on classic newspaper strips, Winsor McKay’s Little Nemo is one of the most innovative comics of the 20th century. Originally running in newspapers from 1905 to 1926, it was arguably one of the first real masterpieces of the form, with McKay’s surreal dreamscapes taking the form of beautiful imagery and page layouts that creators are still trying to recreate today.
Now, Nemo is returning to the comics page in Return To Slumberland. Not to be confused with the forthcoming Dream Another Dream anthology, this new series from Eric Shanower, Gabriel Rodriguez and Nelson Daniel launches this week from IDW Publishing, and it is beautiful. Seriously, just hands down one of the prettiest comics I’ve seen in a long time, and even though the first few pages don’t quite get into the strangeness of walking beds and stair-step city skylines, I get the feeling that all of that stuff shows up right where the preview ends.
Can’t wait for this.
Page 1 of 1785